Twitter Hashtag #ThingsNotToSayOnTheFirstDate
By Stephanie Burke
Once again I was inspired by a trend on twitter. While tweeting I saw the hashtag #ThingsNotToSayOnTheFirstDate and it intrigued me. I had to click on it and scroll through the tweets that made this a trending topic. As I sat there scrolling through and chuckling I thought to myself “now this will be fun for the Caesar readers”…after all conversation and hearing from you, our readers, is what Caesar is all about. I have started the conversation below with some hilarious things I have either heard first hand or heard from a from others….these things should never be said on a first date:
- What is your name again? – If your date can’t remember a name that is probably a bad sign.
- You are 18 right? – This is wrong on many levels…if you have to question the legal ramifications of a date then you probably shouldn’t be on the date.
- Your place or mine? – I think this needs no explanation
- You want to get married right? – Marriage on the first date; run!
- How many kids should we have? – Again if this is said on the first date run far and fast – Stage 5 clinger.
- You don’t mind paying right – Sorry but if a guy can’t buy you dinner for the first date that is a sign of trouble! Don’t get me wrong in the long-term its fine but on the first date…come on.
- How do you like your eggs so I know what to make you in the morning – This just says cheesy all over it! I instantly get a vision of a man in a leisure suite bobbing his head like Night at the Roxbury and giving me finger guns!
- You remind me of my ex – Exes should never be brought up on a first date…
- Do you wanna be my new baby mama – Again this requires no explanation!
Ok now there are some funny little one liners to get you going now let us know what you think. What are some of the funniest / worst things you have heard on a first date that no one should ever say?